On the 10th Day of Recipes, my true love made for me...
Here we are, almost through the 12 Days of Recipes series. I hope you're enjoying all of these yummy recipes! Next up, we have Katherine from Love in my oven Blog (@loveinovenblog) sharing her amazing delicious Baked Brie Recipe! This is a perfect pairing with any app you've got planned for the holidays!
Cranberry Almond Baked Brie
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
2 tbsp slivered almonds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 - 9oz wheel of brie (or camembert)
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
crackers, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F and place a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on top of a baking sheet.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry into a rough 11-12" square.
3. In a small dish, combine the almonds and cranberries together with the maple syrup. Place the mixture directly in the middle of the thawed puff pastry. Place the wheel of brie on top of the mixture. Grab the edges of the remaining pastry and fold over and on top of the brie, pinching the ends together a bit to keep it sealed. Slide your hands under the bottom of the pastry, and swiftly flip the brie/pastry onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the egg yolk and water mixture all over the pastry. Place the brie in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until the pastry has turned a dark golden shade.
5. Allow the baked brie to cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a serving platter. Surround the brie with assorted crackers (or apples)! Create a cut in the pastry just before serving to allow the cheese to ooze out for dipping. Yum!
Any leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days, and reheated in the oven at 275 until the cheese begins to melt.
I think i'll be adding this to my menu for sure! Enjoy friends!